Finding a job can be frustrating and intimidating. We have several community partnerships and we have also collected useful online resources to help you along the way.
- Build a network, make connections
- Prepare a resume
- Develop your interview skills
- And most importantly: get educated... every professional job requires a skill, and such a skill comes only through education
Resume Templates: These are three basic business resume templates that can be modified to your needs. Keep in mind that different industry sectors require their own resume styles.
Other Samples & How-To:
Any of our students can visit our community partner representative who can help you with a job referral.
Contact: Shel Ruiz
Location: ELASC Counseling Office
Days: Fridays only
Time: 9 AM - 1:00 PM & 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Break: 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Use one of the following FREE online resources to find that exciting job you are looking for:
- CalJOBS (job search engine)
- JobsLA (job search engine)
- LA County HR (job search engine)
- LA County Job Opportunities (job search engine)
- USAJOBS (job search engine)
- indeed (job search engine)
- Roberthalf (job agency)
- Wonolo (job agency... interview by phone app: quiz and onboarding call. You work for Wonolo, and they send you to different external companies according to your skills)
- BlueCrewJobs (job agency... in person interview requried. You work for Bluecrewjobs, and they send you to different external companies according to your skills)
- BlueCrewJobs vs Wonolo - see for yourself... they are competing to give you a job!!
- MyNextMove for Veterans (job description search engine)
- O*NET Online for Veterans (job description search engine)